Are you tired of the high-maintenance wood siding requires? Worn out from stucco’s water intrusion and the wall rot that follows? You deserve the beauty and durability of James Hardie fiber cement siding. You’re sure to love its versatile styles, designer-picked colors, and stout 30-year warranty.
The innovative Hardie company is always finding ways to engineer better products to meet your needs. Freshly introduced HardiePlank Lap Siding with insulation is sure to make you smile each time you see the energy savings on your utilities. It’s just one of the reasons Hardie siding is worth the initial investment.
How Hardie Siding Benefits You
The James Hardie company’s constant advances in their siding material displays their commitment to innovation. America’s favorite siding product—Hardie Board—safeguards over 8,000,000 homes, and for good reason. Here are some facts to help you understand why the initial investment in Hardie Board is worth it.
1. Exceptional Energy Savings
HardiePlank Lap siding, the most popular Hardie style, now comes with built-in foam insulation. It helps your home use less energy throughout the year. Your house will be naturally cooler each summer and warmer each winter with Hardie’s added insulation, creating the consistent indoor comfort you desire. Its long-term thermal performance gives you a host of benefits:
- Protects your home from extreme temperatures.
- Shields your dwelling from noise intrusion so you can enjoy peace and quiet indoors.
- Enhances the strength and impact resistance of your Hardie siding.
- Dims the appearance of any minor framing imperfections.
- Is backed by a stalwart warranty from a trusted manufacturer.
The reason for this great performance is its astounding R-value—which is the capacity of an insulating material to resist heat flow. The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Here is a reference point on just how good an R-value of 3 is.
- One-inch brick or stone veneer: R-value of .11
- Two-inch stucco siding: R-value of .40
- Brick or stone siding: R-value of .44
- Standard aluminum siding: R-value of .61
- Vinyl siding: R-value of .61
- Wood shingles: R-value of .87
- HardiePlank siding with built-in insulation: R-value of 3
As you can see, insulated Hardie siding delivers significantly more indoor comfort and energy savings than other siding types.
2. Distinct Beauty
Hardie Board gives your home the curb appeal you crave. Fiber cement can create many looks. Select from a textured appearance that mimics the beauty of wood (without wood’s high maintenance), or choose a modern, smooth, sleek look.
- Mix and match Hardie styles.
- Express yourself with vertical HardiePanels and HardieTrim to achieve a rustic chic board-and-batten look.
- Combine popular HardiePlank horizontal lap siding with HardieShingle accents to your gables to add visual interest.
- Avoid the high maintenance wood requires by choosing low maintenance HardieShingles.
- For those with impeccable taste, set your home apart with deep shadow lines and extra thick siding boards from Hardie’s Artisan lap siding and trim.
3. Lasting Color
Hardie siding comes either pre-primed and painted any color after installation, or with factory baked-on ColorPlus technology. With ColorPlus you get UV protection, fade resistance, and durable color due to its application process in the factory. Cured between multiple coats, it stands up to the harsh weather elements 24/7 and maintains its vibrant color over the years.
- The Statement Collection—Choose from your region’s most popular ColorPlus colors. Locally stocked and readily available, these gorgeous siding boards are ready to install.
- The Dream Collection—Bring your vision to life with your choice of over 700 ColorPlus finishes, made to order in a wide array of siding and trim styles. These endless design possibilities are available to help you build lasting dreams.
4. Solid Return on Investment
Dollar for dollar, nothing will raise your home’s value more than properly installed Hardie siding. According to Remodeling Magazine—the industry leader for assessing the Return on Investment (ROI) that homeowners should expect from a variety of remodeling project types—replacing vinyl siding with James Hardie siding is the #1 Return on Investment of any exterior remodeling project.
From an ROI perspective, there isn’t anything you can do to amplify your home’s value more than residing with fiber cement. Hardie Board increases the value of your home and attracts buyers when you’re ready to sell.
It stands up to the weather, safeguarding your home from moisture intrusion. Its superior resistance to rot, warping and expansion ensures your home will maintain its great looks without the interruption or hassle of water infiltration. Skip the trouble other materials generate and their high cost of repairs by choosing the top siding material in the industry, fiber cement.
5. Outstanding Warranty
The Hardie company stands behind their work with a transferable, non-prorated 30-year warranty. Simply have your siding installed with a certified James Hardie Preferred contractor who is trained by the Hardie company and held to their strict installation standards. In addition, ColorPlus technology is warrantied against flaking and peeling for 15 years.
6. Non-Combustible Makeup
Hardie Board is made of sand, cement, and cellulose. This combination won’t fuel a fire, giving your family the time they need to exit your home in the unfortunate case of a fire. Insurance companies often give discounts if your home is safeguarded by this outstanding material.
You Deserve a Home that Retains Its Value
Transform your Southeastern Pennsylvania home with stunning James Hardie siding, and get the peace of mind that comes with a sound investment.
As a James Hardie Preferred contractor, we at Distinctive Homes follow the strict guidelines set by the manufacturer to ensure you get the high performance Hardie Board was made to deliver. Your warranty will be honored as a result, giving you confidence in your investment.
Imagine your house adorned in Hardie siding, and realize your home exterior dreams can become reality. Schedule a consultation.