Struggling to find a solution to your worn-out home siding? Tired of the tedious upkeep cracked stucco or moisture infiltrated wood siding requires? Ready to end the frustration of failing siding?
Siding replacement with durable fiber cement can end your battles with high maintenance and low-performance products. Fiber cement is made of cement, sand, and cellulose and stands up to weather elements with ease. Its simple upkeep gives you decades of worry-free living when it comes to your home’s protective layer.
The most popular fiber cement siding is James Hardie—and for good reason.
Why Is Hardie Siding so Low-Maintenance?
James Hardie, the leader in easy-to-maintain protection for your home exterior, delivers siding material that is built so well, it simply doesn’t require the maintenance other products demand. While wood needs to be refinished regularly to keep damaging moisture out, and vinyl cracks or breaks due to its exposure to weather elements, Hardie siding offers easy upkeep so you can spend more time doing what you love most.
Engineered for Climate
- This lasting siding is manufactured for your geographic location, with the necessary protection relative to Chester County, Pennsylvania’s specific weather.
- Enjoy the low repair and maintenance needs of Hardie siding due to its durable nature that stands up to the harsh weather elements.
- Hardie’s HZ5 product—perfect for Chester County, Pennsylvania area homes—fights cold, snow, and ice. Its superior paint adhesion and moisture resistance helps it stand up to extreme temperatures and quick changes in temperatures.
Finished with Lasting Color
- While siding painted after installation requires another paint job every 4-8 years, Hardie siding with ColorPlus® technology won’t need to be repainted for up to 15 years.
- Its factory baked-on color (applied in a controlled environment) is cured between coatings for optimal adhesion you can depend on for years to come.
- A 15-year warranty on your siding’s finish gives you peace of mind and confidence in your home’s curb appeal.
- Its UV resistance keeps your exterior color looking vibrant.
- Hardie siding’s fade resistance makes your home look its best year after year.
Resists Moisture Intrusion
- You can avoid the costly trouble water intrusion causes to some materials with moisture resistant Hardie siding. Keep the elements outside your home where they belong with this trustworthy siding material.
Thick Texture Protects Your Home
- Vinyl siding is only .03-inch thick, and dents easily as a result. But Hardie siding is .5-inches thick and stands up to hail, high winds, and blowing debris as a result.
- Its density fortifies your home and keeps maintenance at a minimum.
- Hardie siding is so thick, it can mimic the look of wood (without wood’s high maintenance). When looked at from the curb, Hardie siding imitates wood siding expertly.
Resists Pests and Woodpeckers
- Wood siding tends to attract pests such as termites, carpenter ants, and damaging woodpeckers—creating the need for repairs. Hardie siding is built to resist the time-consuming problems pests and woodpeckers create.
- Wood siding can fuel flames, and vinyl melts in high heat, but Hardie siding won’t contribute to a fire.
- Hardie’s Class A fire rating gives your home the protection it needs while you get to a place of safety in the unfortunate event of a fire.
- There will be less siding to repair or replace after a fire with the durable makeup of Hardie siding.
What Goes into James Hardie Maintenance?
Hardie siding requires almost no maintenance throughout the year.
Simply use a garden hose and medium bristle nylon brush to clean your fiber cement siding each spring and fall, and it will maintain its curb appeal for years to come. Work from top to bottom and rinse thoroughly for optimal results.
To keep your home tightly sealed and protected from water intrusion, take a moment to visually inspect your caulking a couple of times each year, and after any severe storms. Look at the seams of your siding as well as around your windows and doors to verify caulking is fully intact. If it begins to deteriorate, simply replace it to ensure your home is safeguarded from water intrusion by remaining well sealed.
How Long Does Hardie Siding Last?
The James Hardie company is so confident in its endurance, it warranties your siding for up to 30 years if you’ve had it installed with a James Hardie Preferred contractor.
Due to its strong makeup, Hardie siding lasts up to 50 years. Your initial investment in this durable product pays off when you don’t have to put in hours of maintenance to keep it looking good. You also won’t face the expense or time it takes to reside your home again for up to 50 years!
Ensure Low Maintenance with Expert Installation
Too many contractors rush through the siding installation process and don’t deliver the premium results homeowners expect. At Distinctive Homes, we ensure your siding is installed with precision. We don’t cut corners, and our work is done with such attention to detail that you can rest at ease that your siding will do its job for decades—as it was designed to. You get the benefit of a 10-year workmanship warranty in addition to the manufacturer’s outstanding warranty.
Distinctive Homes is a James Hardie Preferred contractor, so your siding will be installed right the first time and your 30-year transferable warranty will be honored. We follow the strict installation standards set by the James Hardie company so you get the high performance siding and superior results you deserve for years to come.
Learn more about James Hardie siding, and imagine the low-maintenance lifestyle it can help you enjoy.